Monday, December 7, 2015

My Week :) CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!

Last week when we went to Pittsburgh I got this Steelers outfit :) speaking of Steelers! I forgot to mention the Turkey bowl! So the bishop in the Pitt 4 ward is a former Steelers player, and we all played football on Thanksgiving! I was SO SORE for the next few days though..
 Christmas lights in our apartment!



 Panoramic of the city
 Yours truly
 Heinz stadium
 Love this place!
OH also, another side note, I hit 12 MONTHS last week on the 3rd! One year ago today I was in the MTC!!!!! :) 

I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!!!! I have always loved this time of year, but another great benefit, peoples hearts are more open! Seriously, this week was great! The average for lessons that have been taught per week in this area for a while has been about 6... but this week we were able to teach 13 different people! 
Alright, so a few of the things that happened this week.. so on Wednesday we got a call from a guy inviting us to an "interfaith" event. We got this call right after district meeting so I figured we should get the Elders invited as well (luckily we did). So we go to this thing later, turns out it was us 4, and some people who were all Hare Krishna. That was interesting. The basically just did this chanting/singing  thing over and over for the entire 2 hours.. I am so grateful for the gospel, and the knowledge I have of a loving Heavenly Father. 
So we also had a lesson with Amanda!! She is SO prepared! I think I mentioned her last week, shes a referral from a member in another ward, we called her, set up a time, she was super excited.. WELL we went over Thursday and she was SO receptive to the message of the Restored Gospel! She also has a daughter that she wants to get involved as well, and she was so willing to read from the Book of Mormon, and pray, and she asked if there was anything else she could do, and she basically committed herself to come to church! I am just so excited to see what is to come! 
On Saturday, we had Sister Bourquin come out with us. She was so ready to share the gospel with everyone, and she even asked for #ASaviorIsBorn pass along card, suggested that we tract a house, so we did, and she was just so excited to share and invite the lady to learn!! I KNOW that the most successful way of doing missionary work is by getting the members involved! 
I loved the first presidency Christmas devotional! If you didn't get a chance to watch, check it out on lds.org! I LOVE Christmas music, and the Spirit that Christmas brings. I know that the Christmas lights, that I love so much, are representing the Light of the world, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the PEACE and HOPE that comes because more than 2000 years ago, and baby was born, which was Jesus Christ. 
Also, If you weren't able to watch yet, check out #ASaviorIsBorn! christmas.mormon.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment