Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween

So I got a flu shot this week...that was exciting...We also had interviews with President Johnson, our mission president, I seriously love the Johnsons so much! So basically I am 99.999% sure I am going to get transferred in 2 weeks. He was asking me how I was liking my area and if I was ready to leave, I said I had mixed emotions about it, then at the end I asked if that meant I was getting transferred and he said, "Sister Oliver, you are going to be transferred, when that is, we don't know, but you have been there for a while, all I'm going to say is don't get too comfortable." Yeah totally getting transferred. I really really really love being an STL though, and I love the people in this area. 
We also had exchanges this week with the Ephrata sisters! I went there with Sister Wilson! I realized how much I miss doing service in nursing homes! We played bacci ball, and it was so fun to talk to the residents there! We also got to go to their trunk-or-treat which is where we met our comps, so Sister Landa and I got to be the judges for best car decor and best costume!
So last Pday we carved pumpkins and then we decided to use them in our car for trunk-or-treat, our trunk was so cute! Sadly they moved it inside, but we have the picture so it's alright!
So for Halloween we have to go in at 6, as well as on the day for trick or treating, apparently it is a thing here to have an assigned day and time for trick or treating so we stayed in on Friday for trick or treating day, we did weekly planning, but Saturday, Halloween, Sister Landa was sick so we ended up staying in all day. We basically only had a meeting over the phone to plan out ideas for our transfer committee, but I got to watch the Restoration, Our Heavenly Fathers Plan, Together Forever, Meet the Mormons.. Plus we had candy! :) So we picked up a new investigator this week, Richard, who seems so sincere about getting his life in order! He has been through SO much in his life, and just wants to do tings the right way now! His girlfriend Tara is a member, and they are both working together, ti's awesome!
Also, our ward was doing a 40 day fast which ended yesterday, I can testify of the power of fasting. I know that great power can come, as well as that unity in the ward, I just know that this area will and is being greatly blessed.

Exchanges with Ephrata! I was with Sister Wilson, Sister Landa was with Sister Wadsworth!

And a little more fall.
 Getting ready for the Trunk or Treat


Our cute little trunk
 
 
  
Parade
 
Our PDay. We went with a bunch of people from our zone, but I never got the pictures they took, here is sis Wadsworth, Me, and Landa
Ge
 

 







Cause you know.. Gotta have that gap between Elders and Sisters.






No comments:

Post a Comment