Monday, October 26, 2015

FALL!


 FALL!




 Amish


Carved pumpkins for Pday :)
 Hershey last week!




On the trolley


Chocolate World








I have also been reading Preach My Gospel, and I started the "How to Work With Ward And Stake Leaders" section. I felt like we needed to meet with the bishop, because for some reason I hadn't since coming to this area! At first it was bad. He got super defensive when we asked what his vision for the ward was, slowly but surely as we continued talking with him we were able to express that we were there to help accomplish that vision, and the whole spirit of the room changed. Yesterday while in PEC the whole focus was on the people who need extra attention at this time and who we could go see! He also later on invited us to their house for dinner as well!
We also went on exchanges this week with the Hershey sisters! Before exchanges we got to go to Chocolate World! That place is GREAT! The sisters have a neighbor who was the original manager and he got us free tickets to ride the trolley around the city! Such nice people! I stayed in E-town with Sister Noorlander. Sister Noorlander is such a great missionary! She has great insights, and she has a great testimony of this gospel. She has also only been out for 3 weeks! Though quiet for most of the lesson, when I turned to her to ask if she had anything to add she would happily share that testimony! I can tell that she truly is enjoying this chance to serve the Lord. 
We also had the opportunity to have a Logistics Committee meeting. President Johnson put together a committee to find ways to improve the whole transfer process. We were able to come up with some great ideas together as a group (it is us, The Assistants to the President, Harrisburg Zone Leaders, and Chambersburg Zone Leaders). So I am super excited to see the changes that are to come such as service, testimonies, locations, and the possibility to find out where we are going the Saturday before the transfer meeting! 
Something that I have realized this week is the happiness that can come from living the gospel. So I have realized the unhappiness that can come from Satan, and I know that by truly putting trust in Jesus Christ we can put that behind us. I was watching a Mormon Message this week and just seeing how happy they looked and wished that for myself. As I continued to ponder that, I realized that it was my own decision to continue to listen to the criticism that comes from Satan, and I also realized that I AM happy! I am happier than I have ever been before and that continues to grow! On Saturday we were having dinner at a members home, and her non-member son who has never shown an interest in the gospel asked me why I am always so happy, and I was truly able to testify that it was because of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment