Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Me and Raina :)
 Me and Ashlynn (my mini me)
 Cute New Years at the Bourquins.

Happy New Year 2016!!

This week there was a transfer, but it didn't affect us so Sister Maya and I are both staying in Wexford for another transfer! We were actually able to see some people this week, it was great! A few weeks ago while tracting we met a guy named Jim. He was just about to leave so we told him we would try back, so this week we did! It was pretty cool, as we were testifying of the Book of Mormon he told us "I already know that it testifies of Jesus Christ" so he told us he would read it and pray about it!
We were also finally able to see our investigator Jana! She has a lot of really good questions, I am just so grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost! We were able to answer the questions that she had and she also said she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon! There is a lady in our ward who is not able to come to church due to medical conditions, so we go and visit her, but we usually end up just talking to her husband Bill, who is not a member of the church, because she is sleeping. When I first got here to this area he was totally against us sharing anything about the gospel with him, but his heart is being softened! This week we were able to share a video with him which sparked him asking us questions, which ended in him telling us he would read the Boom of Mormon! He said "I promise, and I always keep my promises." The Book of Mormon is so important! As we read in the introduction of the Book of Mormon, we are able to know if Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, if Joseph Smith was really a prophet, and if this, The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ church restored again! Just by knowing that the Book of Mormon is true! So it's so important to gain that witness for ourselves! This week we also were planning to go to the Bourquins for lunch and as we were calling to confirm she told us the wanted to go out with us after! So Thursday she came out with us, and at the end she gave us a referral, and brought us to her friend who she had just referred and we were able to have a lesson with her, which I'm sure we wouldn't have been able to have had we just gone over ourselves! This week for New Years we got to deep clean out apartment! They wanted all the missionaries in by 5:30, so now our whole mission has some really clean apartments!
I also have a great testimony of fasting. I know that I wouldn't be here on my mission had I not gotten an answer through prayer and fasting to come, and I am so grateful every month as I have the opportunity to fast, yesterday as I fasted I was fasting for someone who was really struggling, and I can already see the rewards of that fast! I also hit 13 months on Sunday! Woah! 
Happy New Year!!! Hope you all have a great week, and I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment