Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekly Update

Some pics of our newly cleaned apartment :) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I left for 2 seconds.. This is Elder Hoyt and Rackham
One thing that I hear my mission president say quite often is that he want all of his missionaries to leave with a rock solid testimony. I love that, and I can see that this can truly happen here as we forget ourselves and get to work. I have thought a lot about how far I have come and As I look at what I still lack, and I can honestly say that though I have a long way to go, I know that this Church is true, and that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can comprehend. I know that he answers prayers. We have a Savior, Jesus Christ who Atoned for us, and for that I will be eternally grateful. I know that by keeping the commandments we can grow closer to the Lord, and be truly happy. I am happier now than I have ever been, even through the trials. We had interviews this week with our mission president and he gave me some advice during interviews, to not coast to the end, but to work even harder, because now I have more of the ability to do so, and I am grateful for that advice! I want everyone around to know of this rock solid testimony that I am continually gaining, that they can also have! (It was a really weird moment when he was telling me that I don't have much longer! I still have 5 months though don't even worry!) This week we were able to see quite a few little miracles! We were out to dinner with a member and Larissa (a waitress) comes up because she saw our name tags and said she wanted to go out with us sometime to teach people about Jesus, so we exchanged information, and when she texted us later, we texted back inviting her to church, and she came!!! The elders also have some super solid investigators, James and Nicole, they just want to dedicate their lives to the Lord, and they moved into our area! There is also a guy named Gene who we tracted into, he was super nice and said we could come back, so we went back his week and found out that he had been baptized when he was like 12, but he wasn't on our records, so we were able to find a lost LA, and he also said he wanted to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover, because he never did! We also had a lesson with an investigator we haven't seen for a while and he is super excited to do some family history!  So it was a pretty good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment