Sunday, June 12, 2016

6-6-16

 Sister Nelson is the best and decked
out our apartment, filled up 70 balloons, and made a cake! She is so
sweet!



 The members that fed us also got a cake, super cute, so much
cake, so good!
 Tight fit for the Elder's in the back
Some pretty big days this week, I had a birthday and turned 21, and 18
months of being on the mission! Sister Nelson is the best and decked
out our apartment, filled up 70 balloons, and made a cake! She is so
sweet! The members that fed us also got a cake, super cute, so much
cake, so good! I am also at that awkward point of my mission where
people ask how long I have been out and I can say 18 months and people
are real confused cause they think I should be home, nope! I'm so glad
I have the extra 3 weeks onto that though, I love being missionary!

We had an awesome district meeting this week on using our talents and
abilities to bless the lives of others. We all listed 3 things we are
good at and talked about how we can use those things in our missionary
work. We can't hide our talents under a bushel!

We saw a few people this week, but one of the lessons that really
stood out is our lesson with Bryan. So Sister Nelson and I are really
good at being awkward sometimes.. Well as usual we were super awkward,
but we were also teaching the Law of Chastity, BUT we had the best
team up ever! We had brother Witzel with us, and he was so bold, and
has such a strong testimony, I am so grateful he was there and
definitely made the difference in that lesson! I encourage you to go
out with the missionaries if you are able, or even have them in your
home, whether it be feeding them, or for a gospel discussion!

So I have come to the realization that I am terrible at small talk. I
have gained a deeper testimony and I am more capable of talking about
the gospel, but when It comes to talking about anything else... I
don't even know!

This week on MyPlan... Sister Oliver made some life decisions, and
learned how to be self reliant and having faith in the Lord to do so!
Coming up next week... Dating and temple marriage... 😳

In Relief Society this week we had an awesome lesson on gratitude and
being grateful for everything happening in our lives every day. It was
such a great lesson, and I'm grateful that I was able to feel that
motivation to look more for the good around me! Our Heavenly Father
sends tender mercies every single day, but we need to look for and
recognize them, and give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment