Thursday, February 4, 2016

My Week

So sister Maya had NEVER made cookies before! Face screaming in fear so I had the pleasure of teaching her how!

 These are the Elders in our ward... They like to take selfies on our iPads when we leave them for 2 seconds. There were at least 100 more....
We got a bit of snow so we built a snow man! The next day it was gone! The weather has been so great these last few days! It feels like spring! It was in the 50-60's yesterday!
I am so grateful to be a part of the Lords work. It's so great! It is so amazing to see the Lord work through us as missionaries. I know that there is NO way that I would be able to do any of this without Him, we just have to do our very best and he will make up for the rest! 
This week we were able to pick up a new investigator named Olivia! She is so sweet, and has such an open mind and heart which is great! She was a Bible media referral, we were able to contact her that day we got it, and she was just so thankful and surprised by how fast we got it to her! We were able to set up a return appointment, and then Thursday we were able to teach her the Restoration and set up another return appointment for next week!
We weren't able to see our investigators James and Nicole for a few days, they were dealing with a lot, and when we were finally able to see them they were able to see the difference between those few days they weren't studying the scriptures and how those days were terrible, but Nicole said she felt so refreshed when we were able to teach them again! It was so cool to see her recognize hat difference! We were also able to reset Nicole with a baptism date for February 20! We also got called 30 minutes before leaving to church to teach Gospel Principles yesterday, I am so grateful to have the set time to study each day, because without increasing that knowledge ever day there would have been no way we could teach that lesson. I love studying and learning more and more every single day! There is no way I would have been able to do that before my mission!
So my companion Sister Maya, she has been a member of the church for 2 years today, she really is such a great example! Tis the season to be stressed about transfers, I don't know what's going to happen. But I do know the Lord knows what he is doing, and so does my mission president. Transfer calls are on Saturday, and there is the possibility of a transfer here! Will let you know next week! I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ! I love him! I know he loves every one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment