Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July

So this week we got to go on exchanges with the Sisters in Lancaster PA and they are in a Spanish branch so they only speak Spanish. I had the chance to go their with Hermana Tolman. She is such an awesome missionary, I would have never known she was going home next week by the way she works. It was really cool though to go there, it was awesome to be able to sit in those Spanish lessons and not really know what they were saying, but be able to feel the spirit and know that what they testified of was true.
We also Had MLC (missionary leadership council) this week in Pittsburgh! Me, Sister Jarvis, Elder Liston, and Elder May all drove over, which is a 4 hour drive to meet all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training leaders with the mission president, his wife, and the assistance. We got some great training and really got me motivated to be a better leader and example! We also got to go on a hike, and the sisters spent the night at the mission home!
We also get to go to the Washington DC temple with Deb who just got baptized to do baptisms and then we will also get to do an endowment session! So excited!!!
We had district meeting on the 4th and we were gunna watch some fireworks but they started too late, so we watched them from the car.. :) Besides that it was just a normal day as a missionary!
I know that the Lord is with us as missionaries, and he directs this work. I know that the Atonement is real! and that through Jesus Christ our burdens can be lifted if we turn to him. I am SO grateful for how much I have grown on my mission, and I know that through Christ anything is possible!  

------------

We went on exchanges with Spanish sisters so she gave me a cheat sheet so that I could actually say something in the lessons :) 

Dove factory in E-town :) 


My attempt at getting a picture of an amish guy plowing his field... and a giant cow at a gas station. 


Crazy storm while on exchanges in Ephrata.
Caught some fireflies








Singing at zone conference a few weeks ago.
Trying to watch fireworks with the Fergusons :)
 
These are all from 4th of July.. We did a selfie train




More pictures from district meeting






No comments:

Post a Comment