Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The simple truths

This week was pretty good! We are now back to just Wheeling and it's back to just Sister Talbot and me. I absolutely loved the opportunity to work both areas, even though it was hard. We were able to do a lot and gain a lot of new in sight from that area. I want to make sure we keep up the hard work and that I don't fall back into my old ways of not speaking up! Its kinda weird how that worked, when there were more of us, I talked more, but I felt like I kinda just had to speak up to share my testimony with people. I have definitely learned a lot so far on my mission about the simple truths, and how simple but awesome the gospel is. Yeah it can get deep if you search for it, but it doesn't have to be! I have been trying to focus a lot more on gaining that strong knowledge of those simple things we teach, because those people that we teach have never heard the gospel before. Our investigators are also doing awesome. Burt, Cindy, and Chris are still scheduled to be baptized the 21 of this month and it is awesome to see how the Lord has been preparing them and we are just here to assist in helping them grow. I definitely understand when people have said you really learn to love the people on your mission. I have loved getting to see the change that the gospel of Jesus Christ has on peoples lives. I am very grateful to be a member of this church and for the opportunity to spread the gospel especially here on the mission.

Oh yeah, I also had a cool experience with the Book of Mormon this morning. So, we are encouraged in Preach my Gospel to continue to grow our testimony on the truth of the Book of Mormon by following the promise in Moroni 10:3-5 (click on scripture for link), so I prayed this morning to know that the Book of Mormon was true before beginning my personal study, while reading in D&C 17:6 "And he translated the book, even that part which I have commanded him, and as your Lord and your God liveth it is true." So that was pretty cool. I know that as people are willing to read The Book of Mormon with an open heart and mind, and then pray to know if it is true, that anyone can gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the church. I am so glad we have the Book of Mormon to learn and to grow and to help others who are not members of the church to know that it is true.

Pictures:
There were some cool icicles so I took pictures, also there was a house up in Washington that half was torn apart and the other half looked nice. We also are only supposed to go 1000 miles every month, we stopped at exactly 1000 for a dinner appointment on Saturday... and then we had to drive home sooo we were soo close! Only 11 over! (compared to the 198 last month....


These are pics from my comps camera.. 

Sister Yates

 White Squirrel


No comments:

Post a Comment