Monday, February 23, 2015

First Baptism

This week we had the opportunity to see Burt, Cindy, and Chris Young be baptized and confirmed. It is so amazing to see how much the gospel really can change lives. It is also cool to see how even though Satan does all he can to stop the work from progressing, the Lord is always one step ahead of him. The snow was pretty bad on Saturday, but luckily there were snow plows and the roads were pretty clear and the snow cleared up right as we were leaving to go to the baptism and started back up after we got there. The power was also out at the church, but the power company was able to get out pretty quickly and get half of the lights back on, which is all we really needed. The power of prayer is real. The number of baptisms definitely isn't as important as how many people have been invited to change and come unto Christ, but it definitely is super cool to see the fruits of our labor. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be out here and see that as I open my mouth and share the gospel with others and have the Holy Ghost with me when doing so, anything is possible. I have already learned so much and it is so weird to think that my training will be up in 2 weeks, I am excited to see what more there is to come and see the changes the gospel brings in myself and others.
------

So I never got to send you a picture form the temple, here ya go! It is a very tiny temple. The snow was super bad/blizzardy so I didn't get a great picture.  

So we found some nerf guns in our apartment... that was fun



 There are awesome "Pittsburghese" shirts that have common words or phrases so of course I had the get one. Also the Learning the Language section open in PMG haha.  

The weather was TERRIBLE on the way to the baptism... also the power was out at the church but all was well, the power came back and we had a baptism!!!! Sister Talbot and I by the font. 



Burt, Cindy and Chris Young. They are super awesome people. One with all 3 of us who first started teaching them, and just Sis Talbot and I, and one with Elder May who baptized them. 


Our ward does singles FHE every Sunday and the missionaries go, yesterday we had homemade pizza so we had to have the aprons.. haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment