Monday, December 22, 2014

First Day! (12-4-14)

Hello! How are you doing? Miss me yet? Haha. Anyways, I just woke up after my first night at the MTC, and so far so good! Yesterday after you dropped me off, the sister who was showing me around picked up another sister as well and it was Anela Hansen! So we got to go around together for a little and I have actually seen her a lot more than I thought I would. Anyways, after putting my stuff away I went to my classroom and "met" my companion, her name is sister Amendola! Haha, yes David was right, it's really hard not to call her by her first name. We then had a devotional/welcome with the MTC presidents. After that we had dinner, I was still kinda nervous so I didn't eat much, but  it was good, and then the new missionaries all got in big groups to meet with some investigators, which I think we are doing again today. Then we met with our zone leaders, they are awesome, then we came back and got ready for bed and such. I had a hard time falling asleep, probably because I'm not used to going to bed as early, and I also woke up early. So I found out my Pday will be Thursday, but obiously not this week, we don't have one, so expect an email then. Also, feel free to send me addresses of family so I can write to them. Anyways, just thought I would write you how my first day went. It doesn't really feel like I am on a mission yet. It's more like college mixed with girls camp. I've heard it's kind of like EFY, but I don't know...Anyways, I love you! Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Sister Jessica Marie Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment